Goat Milk Soap | Goat's Milk | Milk Soap | Natural Soap Bar
Goat’s milk has been used as a soap additive to increase skin care rituals and soothing properties since 13th century France. When talents of natural soap bar making travelled from Italy to France, the most accessible form of animal fats was the goat’s milk.
The French would use the tallow of a goat to farm the milk in order to make use of the naturally forming lactic acid allowing the skin layers to peel and rejuvenate.
It used to be the case of a goat farmer using his goats to make the goat milk soap, but with the growing popularity, goat milk became readily available on the market. Then, allowing hand crafters to explore the rejuvenation gains to be had through a single slice of sudsy goat milk soap.
"It used to be the case of a goat farmer using his goats to make the goat milk soap, but with the growing popularity, goat milk became readily available on the market. "
Why Is Goat’s Milk Such A Popular Addition To Natural Soap Bars?
A higher fat content (most commonly seen with goat’s milk) yields a softer natural soap bar. This would mean that you should be on the look-out for goat milk soap when craving the soft, melting and buttery feel in your milk soap.
In the making of soap, there always needs to be a process of combining fats and oils with alkali. Sometimes it is water but in the richest of cases, you’ll find yourself substituting modern soap calls for water with the cream call for goat’s milk. And, in these cases, you’ll reap endless benefits.
Goat milk soap is the most popular form of a natural soap bar made with milk. This is simply down to the mineral and vitamins offered with the milk and how it can impact your greatest organ: your skin.
"Vitamin A levels reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles while promoting skin regeneration and acne treatment."
The Skin Benefits Of Goat Milk
Here’s all the ways goat’s milk can work to provide your skin with all the nutrients it needs to remain soft, smooth and healthy:
- It is a natural, gentle cleanser unlike the harsh chemicals commercial soaps use.
- Vitamin A levels reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles while promoting skin regeneration and acne treatment.
- The goat's milk promotes healthy skin growth.
- Goat milk soap is rich in nutrients like Vitamin A, Thiamine, Vitamin B6, Fat Creams, Potassium, Magnesium and Selenium.
- It is an effective and non-invasive treatment for many skin conditions including eczema, psoriasis and oily skin.
- The exfoliation benefits of the alpha hydroxy acids (lactic acid in goat’s milk) also help to boost collagen stores.
While packed with numerous benefits, vitamins and minerals, we think it would be nice to keep two things in mind before shopping for goat milk soap.
- It will generally lather less in comparison to other milks used in soaps such as donkey, camel, cow, oat or nuts.
- We usually recommend goat milk soap for people with oily skin as it is a very powerful medium to cut down excessive oil on the skin. That is the very reason why it is a great soap bar for acne treatment. It would be wise to keep this in mind especially if you have dry skin.
"Goat Milk is a very powerful medium to cut down excessive oil on the skin. That is the very reason why it is a great soap bar for acne treatment."
Where Can I Buy Goat Milk Soap?
Take a look at Goatic - Natural Goat Milk Soap - our renowned natural goat milk soap bar. Features a creamy vanilla scent and is a fantastic bar for your skin. Extremely effective for the acne prone and oily skin.